Hey! We’re back! Speaking of back, poet Les Kay is back on the show. This time, he gets deep about grief, offers his thoughts on Bob Dylan, and makes a football prediction. And Scott C amuses himself for a minute.
Don’t forget – if you write us an iTunes review in the month of October, you can enter to win a copy of Les’ collection, At Whatever Front, as well as a copy of Mx Mack’s Theater of Parts. Full contest rules.
Now, over to the SAFTAcast weather outlook with not-a-meteorologist Scott C.
In all seriousness: Our studio is in South Florida, currently under a hurricane “watch” from Hurricane Matthew. We aim to have a new episode – with returning guest Les Kay – next week, but the release date will depend on the storm and immediate aftermath. We’ll keep you posted on Facebook and Twitter.
In lieu of a full episode, Scott C takes the mic to update listeners on Sundress’ latest offerings, and announce a new SAFTAcast contest! (visit saftacast.com for full details).
October 2016 Review Contest Rules
1. To participate, log into iTunes, locate “The SAFTAcast” in the store, under “Podcasts” (or via this link) and leave a review of the show. Review does not have to be positive – but we do hope it is.
2. Contact us via our Facebook page, on Twitter (@SAFTAcast), or via email (saftacast at g mail dot com), to let us know you posted a review.
3. Winner will receive a copy of: Theater of Parts by Mx Mack, an At Whatever Front by Les Kay
4. Contest runs from Friday, September 30th at 11:59pm to November 1 at 12:30am. Only reviews posted within this time frame are eligible.
5. Winner will be chosen by random number draw during the first week of November; current and former Sundress/SAFTA staff and persons, and former SAFTAcast guests are eligible to win.
Our guest this time is the most awesome poet Catherine Moore! In addition to discussing their favorite words, she and Scott C try to answer some important questions, including: Can someone say they have no “hometown”? When can poetry be funny? And is Gen X afraid of or for its children?
Follow Catherine on Twitter at @CatPoetic, and check out her about.me page!
Find out who’s on our next episode – right after the morning announcements.
Prepare thyself, because number 59 is here! On this episode, author Emily Capettini stops by. She and Scott C do not mince words about the books and writers they hate, and then wonder about “limited edition” Oreos.
Scott C pays tribute to the recently deceased John McLaughlin – the only way he knows how.
On your marks. Get set. Podcast. Episode 58 is here! Trish Hopkinson is a busy blogger and poet. But she takes some time to stop by and discuss memorable movie characters, what it’s like to volunteer at Sundance, and how Utah is not a punchline.